I am available for Skype visits at very reasonable (basically free) rates. Please email me at email@example.com.
Appearance/School/Classroom/Library visit policies and prices.
Policies and Prices.
Gabrielle is available to visit groups or college or school classrooms and libraries throughout the lower mainland and Vancouver Island of British Columbia. Interested parties in the region between the US border and Seattle/Tacoma can also inquire, particularly if they are able to arrange more than one session. Gabrielle occasionally visits other parts of the United States and Canada. Please check this page for updates on her availability.
The fees for appearances is $200 per hour within the Vancouver and $250 (plus travelling expenses) elsewhere, as listed above.These fees are recommended by CANSCAIP and many school boards and other groups have funds allocated for this purpose. The fee is payable by check or cash.
Schools and groups facing financial hardship should contact Gabrielle to discuss a fee waiver.
The content of the appearance can be customized for your needs. Some topics include:
- A careers discussion of the publishing industry. (either middle grade or high school)
- Discussion and exercises about POV and tense in fiction
- Readings from Gabrielle’s works followed by discussion/exercises (either middle grade, high school or adult)
- Creative writing exercises (all grades)
- A workshop on diversity in literature and writing based on this post (middle or high school age)
- A “collage poem” activity exploring poetry and how to subvert advertising messages (all ages including primary – materials needed) – NOTE: this is for classrooms ONLY, no groups larger than 30.
- A “science fiction collage poem” activity exploring poetry, science fiction, science and technology (grades 6-12) – NOTE: this is for classrooms ONLY, no groups larger than 30.
- Solar System Activity based on my book IF PLUTO WAS A PEA (extra fee for materials or supply your own. For classrooms only, max 30 kids)
Please contact Gabrielle at gp (at) angelhorn (dot) com to make arrangements for a visit.
2 thoughts on “On the Road”
Hello Gabrielle, I’m a Teacher-Librarian with the York Catholic District School Board in southern Ontario (Toronto). Each year I organize a Literary event that brings together all of our high school book clubs reading the White Pine books. For the event we invite one of the authors from the nominated list of books. I was wondering if you just might be in Ontario on April 10. I know this is probably a long shot but nonetheless I thought I would try.
Will you FACETIME or SKYPE with schools/classrooms?
I’m a Teacher-Librarian at St. Joan of Arc Catholic High School in Southern Ontario.
I was wondering if you will be in Toronto for school presentations and workshops anytime between January 2016 and May 26th?
We would love to have you come out to our school!