Gabrielle will be in Seattle for ALA Midwinter on January 25-29 and is available for classroom/library visits prior, following or during those days.
Gabrielle will be attending the Creative Ink Festival in Burnaby BC, on March 29-31, 2019
Gabrielle will be attending Norwescon in Seattle on April 18-21, 2019
Policies and Prices.
Gabrielle is available to visit groups or college or school classrooms and libraries throughout the lower mainland and Vancouver Island of British Columbia. Interested parties in the region between the US border and Seattle/Tacoma can also inquire, particularly if they are able to arrange more than one session. Gabrielle occasionally visits other parts of the United States and Canada. Please check this page for updates on her availability.
The fees for appearances is $200 per hour within the Greater Vancouver Regional District and $250 (plus travelling expenses) elsewhere, as listed above.These fees are recommended by CANSCAIP and many school boards and other groups have funds allocated for this purpose. The fee is payable by check or cash.
Schools and groups facing financial hardship should contact Gabrielle to discuss a fee waiver.
The content of the appearance can be customized for your needs. Some topics include:
- A careers discussion of the publishing industry. (either middle grade or high school)
- Discussion and exercises about POV and tense in fiction
- Readings from Gabrielle’s works followed by discussion/exercises (either middle grade, high school or adult)
- Creative writing exercises (all grades)
- A workshop on diversity in literature and writing based on this post (middle or high school age)
- A “collage poem” activity exploring poetry and how to subvert advertising messages (all ages including primary – materials needed) – NOTE: this is for classrooms ONLY, no groups larger than 30.
Please contact Gabrielle at gp (at) angelhorn (dot) com to make arrangements for a visit.