Gabrielle will be in Chicago from June 22-27 at the ALA Annual Convention. You can meet her at her signing Pandas on the Eastside at the Orca Books Booth (2629) on Sunday at 12:30 or later at the Pop Top Stage were she’s part of a panel on hi/lo books. She’ll be signing Pinch Me.
Gabrielle is available to visit college or school classrooms throughout the lower mainland and Vancouver Island of British Columbia. Teachers in the region between the US border and Seattle/Tacoma can also inquire, particularly if they are able to arrange more than one classroom. Gabrielle occasionally visits other parts of the United States and Canada. Please check this page for updates on her availability.
The fees for classroom visits is $150 for classrooms within the Greater Vancouver Regional District and $200 elsewhere, as listed above. These fees are recommended by CANSCAIP and many school boards have funds allocated for this purpose. The fee is payable by check or cash.
Schools and groups facing financial hardship should contact Gabrielle to discuss a fee waiver.
The content of the school visit can be customized for your needs. Some topics include:
- A careers discussion of the publishing industry. (either middle grade or high school)
- Readings from Gabrielle’s works followed by discussion/exercises (either middle grade or high school)
- Creative writing exercises (all grades)
- A workshop on diversity in literature and writing (high school age)
- A workshop on verse and poetry (high school or upper middle grade)
- A “collage poem” activity exploring poetry and how to subvert advertising messages (all ages including primary – materials needed)
Please contact Gabrielle at gp (at) angelhorn (dot) com to make arrangements for a visit.